Re: roadmap for new CSS specs: template, grid, regions and floats

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <andrew.fedoniouk@live.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:30:48 -0800
To: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
I do have expandable background images http://www.terrainformatica.com/wiki/h-smile/expandable-backgrounds
and that is sufficient for rendering such tabs in general.  But there are nuances. E.g. first tab should have distinct shape.
Ideally you should be able to define such simple shape (two cubic beziers and two lines) in CSS.
It is not a question about rendering per se. So far CSS uses concept of boxes. And here we getting variety of shapes.
So inner, padding, border and margins in principle can be defined by some shape definitions.
I believe we should think about more generic mechanism of such definitions.
--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com