RE: [CSS21] Clearance - the missing manual

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:00:37 +0000
To: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
On Sunday, August 15, 2010 12:30 AM Anton Prowse wrote:

> Yes... but oddly it's not /that/ position that's used.  It's a different position,
> this time defined as where it would be (relative to the
> canvas) if the clearing element really did have a non-zero *top* border.
>
> Why?
> ====
>
> Because there's an error in the spec!  Stay tuned for the follow-up, in which
> we demonstrate precisely why this part of the spec is just silly...

Thank you for your feedback. The CSSWG resolved not to make changes to the CSS 2.1 specification[1].

We have determine that the spec is not incorrect based on the following logic from this email[2]. Additional changes have been made to the relevant test cases so the cases match the specification.

Please respond before 14 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0474.html