Re: roadmap for new CSS specs: template, grid, regions and floats

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Arno Gourdol <agourdol@adobe.com> wrote:
> Your proposal seems reasonable.
> Where would Flexbox fit? It's conceivable that Flexbox could be used to do
> some layout that you would apply story threading to.

We can definitely combine threading with Flexbox, possibly through
::slot() to generate the region containers (and flex-index to position
the regions in the flexbox?).

> We have a couple of other elements to our proposal like text fitting and
> optical baseline alignment that would probably need to fit somewhere else as
> well. Maybe CSS Text?

By 'text fitting' do you mean fitting text into non-rectangular
regions?  That should be a separate spec.  Same with baseline
alignment - this should be Line Grid or something like that.

~TJ