Re: roadmap for new CSS specs: template, grid, regions and floats

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:12:04 -0800
To: Arno Gourdol <agourdol@adobe.com>
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Arno Gourdol <agourdol@adobe.com> wrote:
> Your proposal seems reasonable.
> Where would Flexbox fit? It's conceivable that Flexbox could be used to do
> some layout that you would apply story threading to.

We can definitely combine threading with Flexbox, possibly through
::slot() to generate the region containers (and flex-index to position
the regions in the flexbox?).

> We have a couple of other elements to our proposal like text fitting and
> optical baseline alignment that would probably need to fit somewhere else as
> well. Maybe CSS Text?

By 'text fitting' do you mean fitting text into non-rectangular
regions?  That should be a separate spec.  Same with baseline
alignment - this should be Line Grid or something like that.

~TJ