RE: t1008-c44-ln-box-02-d-ag.htm, t100801-c544-valgn-01-d-ag.htm

On Monday, January 25, 2010 2:27 AM fantasai wrote:
> On 02/27/2009 05:43 PM, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> > http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/html4/t1008-c44-ln-
> box
> > -02-d-ag.htm
>
> I've worked through this example, and the problem is that the spec is vague
> about whether the box used to align replaced elements is the content box or
> the border box. The test works out (afaict) if you're aligning the content-box
> height. What the browsers seem to be doing is using the border box height
> for alignment. So this needs to be filed as a CSS2.1 issue.

Thank you for your feedback. The CSSWG has addressed your concerns in the upcoming publication of the CSS 2.1 specification[1].

The CSSWG resolved to add the following text to section 10.6.1:
  # In the following definitions, for inline non-replaced elements,
  # the box used for alignment is the box whose height is the
  # 'line-height' (containing the box's content area and the
  # half-leading on each side).  For all other elements, the box used
  # for alignment is the margin box.

We hope this closes your issue.

Please respond before 14 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS