Re: [css3-background] Default shadow color

Making it non-optional is my second choice. But that would require the enormous effort of implementors changing the value of some variable in their code. If they can do that, why not instead change the value of the constant they currently use, from "defaultColor" to something useful, like rgba(0,0,0,0.5)? Or even black. That way, if there are a few authors who wrote for a default color shadow to appear on their default text color box, they will still get a nice shadow.

Brad Kemper