Re: [css3-background] Default shadow color

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:11:00 -0800
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Estelle Weyl <estelle@weyl.org>
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
On Mar 4, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:

>> How do you interpolate from inset to non-inset (and the reverse)?
>>
>> from {
>> 	box-shadow: 0 0 0 blue;
>> }
>> to {
>> 	box-shadow: 0 0 0 red inset;
>> }
>
> Adjusting the example:
> from {
> 	box-shadow: 0 0 127px rgb(0,0,254);
> }
> to {
> 	box-shadow: 0 0 127px rgb(254,0,0) inset;
> }

I was just thinking about this recently when fixing a WebKit bug.

I think animating from inset to non-inset shadows automatically is too magical, especially when both have different spreads. I think we should state that you cannot transition between shadows of different types.

Of course, animating from no shadow to either type of shadow should work.

Simon