RE: [css3-background] Default shadow color

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 00:29:22 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
> Ok, if we have interop on currentColor, we can update the spec that way.
> I'm kindof surprised, because if you do that for text-shadows, it's really
> almost never the right color.
>
> ~fantasai

You've said this twice now, but I'm curious to here why or at least in what way it's "wrong".

Also, it's ... odd ... that the default value seems difficult to get "right" but apparently that hasn't been enough to warrant getting it specced explicitly (until now).

Put another way ... if it's important to get right, why would you leave it as wide open as UA-defined?

- Brian