Re: [css3-background] Default shadow color

On 03/03/2011 02:56 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> The color element of a box shadow is optional [1]:
>
> 	"...omitted colors are a UA-chosen color."
>
> Is there are reason not to make the shadow color currentColor as
> opposed to 'a UA-chosen color' ? This would also apply to
> text-shadow and make this clearly testable, at least.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-box-shadow

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0426.html

currentColor is not a good color to use for shadows. It's 99.999%
of the time the wrong color. :) And I'm pretty sure there are lots
of pages out there depending on it being a shade of gray rather
than currentColor.

~fantasai