Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

* Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>Our definitions of coherence differ hugely. First it was backward compatibility
>and the conformance of existing devices with a new draft, in complete conflict
>with WG process and the explicit disclaimers present in every single CSS spec.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0476.html is the
original comment. It states the problem quite clearly and offers a so-
lution that's also quite clear. There is nothing about backward compa-
tibility in there, so you don't seem to have followed the thread very
well.

>(This is the Fonts WG mailing list btw [...])

The thread started on www-style and that is where I sent my message to,
as I was discussing "css3-fonts" only. Again, this is not a complicated
issue, just imagine a non-browser implementation of css3-fonts that has
no inherent reason to emulate this browser behavior. Why should it be
non-compliant if it does not restrict linking to fonts, or does restrict
linking but does not support using "CORS" to lift such restrictions? If
you can tell Glenn Adams and the rest of us on www-style, that would be
far more helpful than telling us how huge your user base is.