Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  In any case, I assume you will file a formal objection with all three WGs
> concerned. As HTML5 currently depends on css3-fonts to define this behavior
> and you clearly believe that to be incorrect, you will also object and
> demand that they define this behavior as part of HTML5, right ?

Again, you are wrong. HTML5 only refers to css3-fonts once, in the
following:

For fonts

The origin <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#origin> of a
downloadable Web font is equal to the
origin<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#origin> of
the absolute URL <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#absolute-url> used
to obtain the font (after any redirects).
[CSSFONTS]<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#refsCSSFONTS>
This says nothing about using css3-fonts to define same origin behavior.

You know Slyvain, I don't know you, but I have not impugned your knowledge
or reasonableness in this thread. On the other hand, every contribution of
yours to this thread has been expressed to one degree or another in an
ironic and frankly, a contemptuous tone. You should try being civil for a
change.

G.