Re: [CSSOM] does CaretPosition need a "before/after" hint?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>wrote:
>> I still don't like the fact we're mixing before/after line break and bidi
>> caret.
>>

> Why?

Because they're two different things.  One is about whether a caret appears
before or after a line break, and the other is about to which BiDi-level
caret belongs.  Just because Gecko decides to reuse the same flag doesn't
mean we need to expose that to the Web.

Having a flag that changes the meaning depending on where the CaretPosition
is seems like an unnecessary complexity.

- Ryosuke