Re: [CSS4 Selectors] :matches naming bikeshed

$ seems much less confusing to me personally, but I think almost anything
would be.  I wasn't even  bothered by Ian's original # proposal.

just out of curiosity, what would something like this mean (a value to the
left of the subject) ...would it be valid?

div:matches(.foo $ > .bar)