Re: Unicode normalization in CSS

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:15:09 +0200
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 02:11:20 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> So I guess the question is, what's the right way forward here?

I think the right way forward is to not worry about Unicode Normalization
as we previously decided for e.g. Selectors (which made it to PR; I do not
get why we have the exact same discussion again for CSS Namespaces, which
are not used by most authors). We could maybe encourage validators to say
something about it (as Validator.nu already does, I believe), but at this
point it is simply too late to change the entire platform around. For
better or worse, we are stuck with 16-bit code units.

(Sorry for jumping in so late. I was away.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/