Re: [CSS4 Selectors] :matches naming bikeshed

On 06/17/2011 03:58 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
> So is the idea that eventually something like
>
> div:matches($ p);
>
> would (in this case) be the equivalent of:
>
> !div p
>
> ... In case it's not obvious, I am trying to make sense of the wiki/notes vs the draft.  It's hard to follow.  There are parts
> in the emails that are future (past even level 4?) and things in the draft that don't seem to have come from anything on the
> wiki or the lists..

The things in the draft are from previous discussions on the list.
The main thing that changed is that I swapped $ with ! with respect
to the emails.

So you'd either have

   div:matches(! p) as equivalent to !div p

or

   div:matches($ p) as equivalent to $div p

~fantasai