Re: [CSS4 Selectors] :matches naming bikeshed

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:19:55 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
In reading verbiage of the draft and the comments - is that to say that
would be valid or invalid?

div:matches(p)

It seems to be that it would it be effectively the same as:

!div p

Also - to ask the question explicitly since some rationale was given as to
why you chose "matches" in this context... Why the "!"?  Where did that
originate - were there some discussions? I can't find them.

-Brian