RE: [css3-images] Summary of recent gradient issues

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:36:14 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> Behalf Of Tab Atkins Jr.
> The message that started the thread was
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0175.html>,
> from Brian Manthos.  In it, he stated that he felt the directional keywords in
> linear gradients were opposite what they should be.

That's not quite accurate.  I said they were opposite of the way angles behave.

My concern is the first parameter treatment is not consistent across formats of that parameter.

As a secondary recommendation, I noted that the angle parameter treatment makes sense and thus the keyword treatment is the better choice to adjust.