Re: [CSS4 Selectors] :has() (was Re: [CSSWG] ... F2F Kyoto]

Yes, all of those examples seem intuitive.  Specifying the subject of the
selector is something CSS has never done before, but that is what is in CSS
SELECTORS LEVEL 4 that originated this.  In there though, your example:

ul:has(a)

Would be written, if I understand correctly:

!ul a
On Jun 11, 2011 9:36 AM, "Alan Gresley" <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/2011 10:38 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
>> I have read through the wiki and the discussions surrounding
>> subject/matches/has and I can't seem to find where ! is introduced. In
any
>> case, I ran this privately past 5 designers and 2 programmers who are
very
>> good with CSS and without fail all eight of us had the same reaction as
>> Opera voiced "that means not". There was also unanimous agreement that
>> has() as presented by Ian and implemented in jQuery for some time (with
the
>> addition of supporting rhs combinator), despite a smattering of
limitations
>> is both infinitely more intuitive/readable and fulfills the vast majority
of
>> their real world needs.
>>
>> It is also easy to implement and has the advantage that it already has
shown
>> its practical worth and is used by a large community.
>>
>> As I said, I read fantasai's comments on this, and I understand the
>> objections on a larger "matches", but :has() seems like low hanging fruit
>> that accomplishes a lot even if it could also be written with a matches()
or