Re: [css3-images] linear-gradient keywords and angles are opposite

On Jun 9, 2011, at 11:25 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:

> That's twice somebody else answered for Simon.  :P

Just thought I'd jump in, and I thought he might be sleeping (as I should be too). He is welcome to contradict me if he wants though.

> Brad:
>> "Left" is a start position. "0deg" is a
>> direction to move in.
>
> That's one way to sidestep inconsistency.  I'll give you another:  keywords that contain two vowels are rotated an extra 45 degrees just for fun.  Just as arbitrary, only slightly more confusing.

That would be fun!!

The keywords and the measurement of degrees are two different ways to end up with a direction. They are obviously different from each other. Since they are two different animals, it should not be surprising that they act differently. I don't see the problem.