RE: [css3-images] linear-gradient keywords and angles are opposite

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:05:04 +0000
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
I'm confused, Simon.

To which I said:
> linear-gradient(0deg, black, white);
>
> Does it also hurt your brain that black is not used at the 0deg side
> of the coordinate system?

(b)
And now fantasai says:
> I'm taking an angle as a direction to move in, not as a
> start point.

To which you replied:
> Agreed. I don't get the same cognitive dissonance with the angle
> variant.

So which is it?  Do you think of it as a start position or a direction to move in?

If the former (a), then my follow-up case should have the same cognitive dissonance.

If the latter (b), then it's a totally different thing to which I again think you're both wrong but for a different reason.  Treating that parameter as "a direction to move in" that means "left to right" but associated such a single markup string "left" seems utterly bizarre to me.