Re: [css3-images] linear-gradient keywords and angles are opposite

On Jun 9, 2011, at 9:33 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Brad Kemper:
>> On Jun 9, 2011, at 8:47 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>> wrote:
>>> I disagree. If I just wrote
>>> linear-gradient(navy, blue, aqua)
>>> I think it would make more sense for the first value to be the top
>> and the
>>> last to be the bottom, just like text content starts at the top and
>> ends
>>> at the bottom.
>>
>> Hmm. When I read your "navy, blue, aqua" text, it starts on the left
>> and ends on the right.
>
> So then make "right(wards)" the default direction then...

I don't see why we need a default direction. Just make direction (or starting side/corner) required. If we are trying to reduce ambiguity and use words that are more intuitive (ie 'rightward' instead of 'left'), then let's not just leave out critical information that would cause someone to need to memorize which of the three possible decent choices was chosen to be the default.