Re: CSS Hierarchies / Selector Nesting Proposal

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 17:25:07 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 6/3/11 7:22 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> We'd love that to work, but it unfortunately allows the ambiguity
> where a selector can look like a property:

Yes, I understand that.

My point was that your proposal doesn't define a processing model, so if
I wanted to, say, do something like _implement_ it or something daft
like that then the only way to do it is to go and ask the Tab Atkins
Oracle a bunch of questions.  Questions which will be answered with
examples which I will then have to synthesize into an attempt to guess
the oracle's internal state.

It would be much simpler if I didn't have to black-box reverse-engineer
your brain here.

-Boris