Re: Transitioning top and bottom properties.

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:28:13 +0200
To: "Alan Gresley" <alan@css-class.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 31 May 2011 19:46:45 +0200, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
wrote:

> http://css-class.com/test/css/3/transitions/offset-auto-ltr.htm
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/3/transitions/offset-auto-rtl.htm
>

> Note that Opera 11.11 does it all wrong since the absolutely positioned
> element (on the left with salmon background) stops the margin collapse
> of the first inflow element (div#move with "Hover Me"). To prove this,
> select margin-top: 200px.

The margins between body and #move seem to collapse fine here. The salmon
div gets positioned further up, though. I don't see why it should be
affected by the margin on #move. I suppose the others (IE8, Fx nightly,
Chrome dev) are making an inaccurate "guess at its probable position",
which the spec allows...

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA