Re: [css3-images] remaining gradient issues

From: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 04:44:22 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:24:14 +0900, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think it is much clearer and natural to say "from top left" than
> "downwards bottomwards". The latter is awkward AND longer. But I'm happy
> to leave it to a WG vote. Or even to leave it up to the module author at
> this point (unless others object), as I think he understands both points
> of view and can probably decide on something that can get consensus
> agreement.

I think that trying to get agreement on the keywords to use through a
debate on the mailing list, or even a WG vote, is unlikely to let us reach
a conclusion any time soon.

I support the idea of just letting Tab decide. Enough arguments have been
pushed in favor of the various wordings, and I am confident he can pick
something reasonable. As most people, I do have a personal preference, but
I am ready to accept another wording, as long as it lets us finally close
this issue.

  - Florian