Re: Printing and background colors/images

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:34:28 +0900, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:

> fantasai (2011-02-23):
>
>> I felt that the existence of a print style sheet was adequate
>> indication that the author was thinking about print and not going to
>> waste ink.
>
> So do I.

Count me in this camp as well.

>> dbaron felt it was too magic, and that an explicit control was
>> necessary.
>
> Maybe a note in the spec could convince him.

The magic is about not printing the background by default when you are
using the regular style sheet. But most people seem to agree it is a
meaningful piece of magic. Doing what the print style sheet says you're
supposed to do when printing, including backgrounds, isn't magic, it is
the normal way things should be done.

  - Florian