Re: [Selectors4] case-insensitive attribute value matching (in XML)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:45:20 -0700
To: "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:29:44 -0700, Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com>
wrote:
> I'm also wondering if we should have an 'always match case sensitively'
> identifier. At some point we also may want to add additional identifiers
> to select normalization modes, etc.

I'm still trying to get HTML and browsers to change so that attribute
values always match case-sensitively, irrespective of markup language. The
current magic attribute list in HTML whose values needs to be matched
ASCII case-insensitively is just ugly.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/