Re: [Selectors4] case-insensitive attribute value matching (in XML)

Le 25/07/11 10:03, fantasai a écrit :

> Added
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#attribute-case
>
> Let me know if you have any suggestions for making it better. :)

To be honest, I find the solution ugly... Not your fault, our
fault, collectively. It's painful to read and could be a problem
for server-side processors generating CSS attribute selectors from
the contents of variables (eg [foo=$bla " - " $bar] )

We should have used the following from the very beginning:

'[' S* attrname S*
     [ [ 'case-sensitive' | 'case-insensitive' ] S* ]?
     [ 'contains(' | 'starts-with(' | 'ends-with(' | 'equals(' ]
     S*
     [ string | ident]
     S* ')'
     S*
']'

Sigh. Not sure we should not consider the above as a potential
simplification to implement...

</Daniel>