Re: [css3-regions] Comments on Editor's Draft

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:30:21 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Vincent Hardy (2011-07-13):

> So if the flow contains A, B and C, we could represent the flow as: A -> B -> C
> if B now gets content from the flow, that means that it would potentially need to layout itself. That does not work and we should mention in the spec that it is an error.

This would not be the case if named flows were only possible with explicit, selector-based “CSS regions” (and not with implicit, node-based “DOM regions”), whether they be anonymous,

  A, B, C {content: to(B), none;}
  @region {content: from(B); foo: bar;}

or named regions,

  A, B, C {content: flow(B), none;}