Re: [css3-lists] Published as WD!

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:57:07 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> 6. Given that markers are often counters with strong-directional
>> contain (e.g. Latin letters), it is important that
>> list-item-position:inside marker content be isolated for bidi purposes
>> from what follows it in the list item, at least by default. Should
>> this be done by making unicode-bidi:isolate be the default for
>> ::marker?
>
> I don't have any problem with it.  Do inside list markers currently
> affect bidi resolution in browsers?  I don't know enough about bidi to
> really test this.

Here's my attempt:

<!doctype html>
<title>Bidi isolation of inside list marker</title>
<ol dir="rtl" style="list-style: upper-alpha inside">
    <li>B</li>
</ol>

In Gecko, Presto and WebKit it looks like

B .A

which is what would happen with unicode-bidi:isolate on the marker, if I
understand correctly. In IE8 it looks like

A.B

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA