Re: [css3-images] Gradient Magic

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:43:20 -0700
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Behnam Esfahbod ZWNJ <behnam@zwnj.org>, WWW-Style <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I revisited Behnam's rendering and still believe it aligns with the angular specification directly.  You're right thought that you have to use a different rectangle for than the original box.
[snip example]

Yeah, using a box with the reversed ratio should be the same as
reflecting the angle over y=x or y=-x.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that doing anything magical here is
a bad idea, and if we address this, it should be done via coordinate
spaces, as that's actually possible to explain to people ("you draw
the gradient into a square, and then stretch the square to fill the
canvas").

~TJ