Re: [css3-images] Using SVG Paint Servers as <image>

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:

>  Also, would this then mean that you could reference
>>> arbitrary elements from external pages (presumably same-origin
>>> restricted)?
>>>

>> Yes, you can in Firefox at the moment.
>>
>> I've come full circle on this, in a way.
>>

> Can you clarify what you mean by coming full circle? Is this for or against
> your recent suggestion regarding element() also taking a url?

The rest of the paragraph clarifies that. If url() can be used like
element(), then element() need not take a URL.

I don't quite follow Roc. What behavior is the same when an element(id) and
> url(#id) are referring to the same element. To my understanding, this can
> only happen in a xmlns:svg document like in your example on your weblog [1].

I don't understand the question.

As I follow (I have little knowledge of <canvas>), we can have this.

>  h1 { background-image: element(two); }
>  p { background-image: url(http://external.com/**bucket.svg#bar<http://external.com/bucket.svg#bar>);
> }
>

> <h1 id="one">Heading</h1>
>

> Does this cross same-origin restrictions?

No.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our