Re: [css3-speech] voice-pitch

On 07/13/2011 10:26 AM, Daniel Weck wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:56, Daniel Weck wrote:
>> Okay, let me publish an update to the pitch properties, where the CSS notation is aligned with SSML's calculation method.
>> I will then ask the CSS syntax / parsing gurus to review the correctness of the prose. :)
>
> Could you please review the updated prose:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#voice-props-voice-pitch
>
> The pitch-range definition of percentages is identical:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#voice-props-voice-pitch-range

Looking good! The only comment I have left is:

   voice-pitch: 5%;
   voice-pitch: 5st;
   voice-pitch: 5Hz;

The <frequency> is the only one that's absolute rather than relative
when specified alone. It seems to me it'd be more consistent, and
less confusing, if we switched therefore to having <frequency> be
relative by default unless an 'absolute' keyword were specified.

What do you think?

~fantasai