Re: [css3-speech] voice-pitch

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 01:26:30 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org style" <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On 6 Jul 2011, at 22:49, fantasai wrote:
> a) You need to update the examples, since voice-pitch: relative -2st;
>   is no longer valid.

This was on my todo list :)

> b) Are you sure voice-pitch: 2.5st; should be valid?

I'm just following SSML 1.1 here...I don't have practical experience
of working at the sub-semitone level...anyone?

> c) Are percentages actually useful here? (I think they're definitely
>   useful for voice-pitch-range, but I can't see the use case for
>   voice-pitch.)

Again, this is straight from SSML1.1, and I guess it doesn't hurt to
be able to manipulate (arithmetically-speaking) both the baseline/
average pitch and the dynamic pitch range of the speech output.