Re: [CSS OM] list of issues

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:55:12 +0200
To: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "Sylvain Galineau" <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:37:57 +0200, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [Daniel Glazman:]
>> That's undefined at this time :-( But if we read the CSS OM spec with a
>> strict eye, it says the second parameter of getComputedStyle() is a
>> pseudo-element. "first-line" is not a pseudo-element; ":first-line" and
>> "::first-line" are...
>
> If we do read it with a strict eye then only ::before and ::after are
> supported [1]...so I'd very much argue against reading this normatively
> at this point :)

Maybe :first-line and :first-letter ought to be added. But :selection for
instance does not make much I think. To what element does it apply? If you
really want answers to all of that you need to expose the render tree to
script, but I am not sure we want to go there.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/