Re: [css3-images] Reintroduce object-fit: none

On 01/27/2011 09:18 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Ok, so I'm hearing some good justifications for both 'cover' and
> 'none' (and I think 'scale-down' has similar nice justifications).

I'm still unsure about 'none'. The use case Leif has given is
panning the image, and in that case you'd probably want more than
just the ability to pan at 100% zoom level. If that's the use case
we're addressing, we should add percentages or something.

> I'm also hearing support from Safari and Opera about making replaced
> elements *always* hide their overflow.
>
> Is that acceptable to you, dbaron?

I agree that the contents of replaced elements should always be
clipped to the content edge. (I thought I'd made those changes
already. Must've been to css3-background.)

~fantasai