Re: 'border-image' confusion

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:08:26 +0300, Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>
wrote:

>    2. Change the property name to 'border-frame' or
> 'border-image-frame', and the related sub-properties to match. (Credit
> for the 'frame' nomenclature goes to Peter Gasston[3].} Because that's
> more like what the properties do, at least as specified.  While I don't
> think this name would be immediately intuitive, it would be a lot less
> counter-intuitive: authors would be less likely to approach the property
> thinking, "Oh, cool, images for borders!  Let's run this star around
> this div!" and then be completely stumped by the resulting behavior.

How about naming current border-image to "border-style-image"? It will
extend
border-style like background-image and accompanying properties extends
background-color. For now border-style is implicitly overridden. And this
is
very confusing because default border-width applies even to parts of border
not supposed to be affected by border-image.
E.g. I want border-image for top and bottom border and get image parts
in corners because left and right borders suddenly exists.

"border-image" instead can be defined somewhat like background-image but
limited by border frame in cases like "round".