Re: margins, ems and context

On 27/01/2011 4:51 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> Anton,
>
> What happens if you have any element (container) with a width in pixels,
> ems, percent and one of the children is a float that has the width 100%.
> Any padding given to the element (container) would cause a horizontal
> scroll bar.

Sorry, I made a mistake. If the container is the <body> element, you
would have a horizontal scroll bar. The other example for a container is
like this.

<!DOCTYPE html>

.container p { margin: 1em 3em }
.container h1 { margin: 1em 1.5em }

solid blue;">
   <h1>Heading</h1>

The only work around that I know of is to wrap the <h1> and <p> in
another element and apply the padding to it.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/