Re: [CSS3-UI] text-overflow:ellipsis (freshly rewritten/expanded and incorporated into editor's draft)

On 1/23/11 10:04 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu
> <mailto:tantek@cs.stanford.edu>> wrote:
>     If that's so, then web authors/developers are unlikely to be depending
>     on things other than "the simplest situations".
 >
> The behavior of
> text-overflow:ellipsis on lines containing right-to-left text is
> currently undefined.

This.  Web authors/developers writing in _English_ are unlikely to be
depending on things other than "the simplest situations".

Anyone writing in an RTL language is just screwed, as things stand.
It's not clear to me quite why this is OK for a W3C spec...

-Boris