Re: [css3-images] image() function and file formats

On 20/01/2011 4:41 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>> From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf
>> Of Alan Gresley
>
>>    From a spec point of view that maybe correct but from an authors point of
>> view, this is a way to serve a SVG background-image to a browser that
>> supports SVG in background-image and allow the other browsers to just show
>> the PNG (IE9 does not support SVG in background-image). That is why the
>> SVG is on top.
>
> First, that's not correct: IE9 has supported SVG background-image for quite
> a number of public builds. The CSS Space Invader demo [1] uses multiple SVG
> backgrounds, for instance. In recent builds you can even reference a viewBox
> ID using a URL fragment and thus select multiple backgrounds from the same
> document.

Hello Sylvain,

I am incorrect. I had been testing and had confused other properties
with background-image. What I should have saiVGd is that IE9 beta does
not support S like background-image in other properties where you can
use <property>-image. These are:

   border-image
   list-style-image

--