Re: [css3-font] Extension of font-stretch property

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 22:31 -0800, Thomas Phinney wrote:

> When I consider the ever-increasing attention paid to China by everyone
> including OS vendors, plus @font-face, Google Font Directory, and emerging
> technologies for streaming CJK fonts to devices (such as whatever it is
> Monotype is now doing in this regard), I don't expect the CJK-web-font
> status quo to remain unchanged for very long.

A missing piece from this puzzle might be the ability to download
individual glyphs on the fly and add them to a font. I suppose one can
get close in JavaScript by having a lots and lots of smaller fonts and
adding a whole font on the fly.

But there's always room for a javascrpt api to fonts later...

Liam