Re: [css3-speech] ISSUE-153 speak: none; usage incompatible with other values of speak

Hi Charles,
personally I see no valid use-case for wanting to "hide" text in the
aural dimension, whilst making it visible on the graphical canvas.
More importantly, I'm pretty sure that this behavior violates
accessibility good practices.

After having looked at several authoring scenarios, I remain convinced
that "speak:none" should  be removed from the current draft, and that
instead "visibility:hidden" should be used to control element
"deactivation". I believe the role of the "speak" property should be
limited to controlling the _style_ in which elements get spoken out.

Any other thoughts ?
Regards, Daniel

Daniel Weck
daniel.weck@gmail.com