Re: [css3-images] image() function and file formats

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> You already asked the question and agreed to update the draft last month: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0421.html
> So this feels a bit like a European referendum ('We shall keep asking until
> you say Yes') :)

Haha, I completely forgot that I asked it already.  Good thing I
decided the same thing this time!

> I think it's fine to allow authors to explicitly tag images as being of a certain
> format so the browser can fall back, just as is done in CSS3 Fonts with the format
> hint. Explicitly being the key word.
>
> (And, by the way, if this should work for images, why should we keep the format hint
> and not use the font files extensions as well ?)

Agreed that we should be consistent here.  I've already dropped that
paragraph; I'll think on if I want to expose the format at all.