Re: [css3-flexbox] intuitivity and width computation rules

From: Rob Crowther <robertc@boogdesign.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:06:56 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Yes, but the _row_ widths are still the same, right?  Unless Rob was
> actually looking at cell widths when he thought he was looking at row
> widths?

I was determining the width of the element by setting a background
colour, and the background colour of the first and last divs only
extends one cell across, I hadn't really understood your earlier comment
about anonymous boxes.  I wouldn't have hit the problem in the first
place if I'd realised I could apply the display: table directly to the
second row in the first place, I just was trying to understand what was
going on.

Now that I have a better context the spec is making more sense to me.
I'm going to stop sidetracking this thread now, when I next hit a wall
of understanding I'll start my own thread for it :)

Thanks for all the help.

Rob