Re: Expected behavior of background-clip property on the html element?

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:03:44 +1100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: Cathy.Chan@nokia.com, www-style@w3.org
On 12/01/2011 5:13 PM, fantasai wrote:

> The spec says:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#background-clip
>
> # background-clip ... determines the <dfn>background painting area</dfn>.
> # ...
> # Note that the root element has a different background painting area.
> # See “The backgrounds of special elements.”
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#special-backgrounds
>
> # The background of the root element becomes the background of the canvas
> # and its <em>background painting area</em> extends to cover the entire
> # canvas
>
> Exactly what is not clear?
>
> ~fantasai

Interesting how this is implemented. I ask you what browser handles this
correct?

<http://css-class.com/test/css/backgrounds/background-clip-html-body.htm>

Opera 11, Safari 5 and IE9 all show different clipping. Safari is adding
some extra space which is strange. Can not check in FF4b.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/