RE: Filter Templates

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:55:40 +0000
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Doesn't this question have to be answered for any parameterized approach ?  Beyond stating the obvious - we could define
well-known parameter names/let authors use their own - we should also consider the 'does it animate' use-case i.e. can you
specify these in the transition property , whether/how you animate them in @keyframes etc.

From: Simon Fraser [mailto:smfr@me.com]

<snip>

That seems like the right approach, but how do you name the parameters from CSS?
You'd have to do something like:

filter: url(#myCoolFilter, param1=10px, param2=20px);

Simon