[CSS21] Editorial issues with Ch.3 (Conformance) - comments on Working Draft

From: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 21:23:42 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
3.1 Definitions:

   # User agent (UA)
   #   A user agent is any program that interprets a document written in
   #   the document language and applies associated style sheets
   #   according to the terms of this specification. A user agent may
   #   display a document, read it aloud, cause it to be printed,
   #   convert it to another format, etc. An HTML user agent is one that
   #   supports the HTML 2.x, HTML 3.x, or HTML 4.x specifications. A
   #   user agent that supports XHTML [XHTML], but not HTML (as listed
   #   in the previous sentence) is not considered an HTML user agent
   #   for the purpose of conformance with this specification.

Issue 1: We need to include HTML 5 (and potential future versions) in
here somewhere.

3.2 UA Conformance:

   # CSS 2.1 does not define which properties apply to form controls and
frames

Issue 2: Which document languages?  (ie, we need to somehow explain the
terms "form controls" and "frames").

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net