RE: [css3-text] alternate name for line-break: newspaper

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 05:22:02 -0500
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>, Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Thank you all for your creative power, I went through all e-mails and made a summary as attached. A few added from Japanese ML.

So far, "relaxed" and "lenient" don't have any objections. I thought someone did, but it looks like it was my misunderstanding.

Does either of these two work for everyone? Does anyone have preferences between the two? Maybe "relaxed" is easier to spell?

Also note that it was raised that "normal" is the problem; normal for who?

Well, while I agree that there might be other terms to describe the most commonly acceptable line breaking rules better, or the rules for who don't care much, I prefer "normal" for consistency with other properties. In my sense, "normal" in CSS world is the value for who want to delegate the decision to the spec designers or browser developers. Is this acceptable?

Regards,
Koji