Re: [css3] support for filters

On Jan 5, 2011, at 4:54 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> It's probably reasonable to only have a couple of shorthand filters for now (blur and dropshadow?) with a simple syntax that can be animated.

Do box-shadow and text-shadow not suffice for shadows? They are already animatable.

I also agree that we need "canned filters" directly in CSS:

div {
  filter: blur(5px);
  transition: filter 1s;
}

div:hover {
 filter: blur(0);
}

It would be useful to get some input from authors on what they see as useful canned filters.

Simon