Re: [css3-text] fullwidth punctuation kerning

On 12/14/2010 3:55 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
> The description of the 'punctuation-trim' property[1] is now updated to resolve the issue John pointed out.

I remain skeptical that the punctuation-trim property is useful. It
deals only with a few of the situations (i.e. on punctuation only) while
there needs to be a way to control a lot more (e.g. to get to tables 3,
4, 5, 6 of JLREQ).

Furthermore, it's takes a point of view that is contradictory with the
JIS/JLREQ model of layout, which considers that brackets are half-width
and that space is added in some contexts.

Eric.