[CSS21] [css3-text] Control characters

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:34:21 -0800
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
With respect to all the random control characters in Unicode (vertical tab,
etc.), our specs say they "are treated as characters to render in the same
way as any normal character. What does this mean?

If it means to look up the glyph in the font tables and render it if present,
else render a missing glyph, it does not appear that this matches UAs in
practice. Is that what we want UAs to do? Or do we want the characters to
simply not be rendered (invisible)?

~fantasai