Re: Filter Templates

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> If we're going to refer to external resources that define complex filters,
> why not just build on top of SVG filters?

In particular, I'd like to see SVG filters extended with the ability to
write filter primitives using WebGL shaders --- <feGL>. And I'd like to see
SVG filters (and other resources) support parameters you can pass via the
referencing CSS.

Then we can easily create shorthand CSS syntax for common filters, defined
in terms of the SVG filters they expand to.

Rob